Sunday, September 21, 2014

Library Tutorial Assignment


After watching the library tutorials I am looking forward to using the information presented. Once I have actual hands on experience looking for an article I’ll be able to remember how to do it but until then its nice to know that the tutorials are available on the library website. I will be able to refer to them whenever I need to and I see myself taking full advantage of what the library has to offer. From watching the tutorials I learned what Boolean searching is and that Boolean operators are connecting words; specifically and, or, & not. I also know that I prefer to read popular articles but will probably have to rely on scholarly articles as sources for most of my assignments. Having this information will help me because it will make searching for useful information more efficient and the information that I find will most likely be more trustworthy than random articles that I may find on the internet. When I was in high school, researching meant combing through the card catalogs and reading encyclopedias. Using what the library has available seems like it will be so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment